(The Original Depot Auditorium)
The Frisco Depot Auditorium was used for railroad meetings. At the height
of railroad operations in Hugo, the Frisco employed more than 1500 people
and a large room was required for employee meetings. As this was the largest
room available during the early days of Hugo, it became the city meeting area
with balls being held there frequently and several civic organizations had
their organizational meetings in this room.
The museum uses this room as a school history room. As schools consolidated,
a portion of the artifacts from the closed schools were put on display. This
includes photographs, trophies, school room equipment, athletic equipment,
and mascots. As small country schools closed, desks from many were preserved
and a country school room was created on the stage of the auditorium.
In addition, many class photographs and Hugo High School, Hugo Junior High School
and local college yearbooks are on display.
Hugo hosts a Hugo Homecoming event each year in June. This room is used as
registration central for this event and bound copies of each year's
register are available here.